Choquequirao Trek -Cusco 4 Days 3 Nights
Archaeological Monument, located in a cloud forest between the rivers Apurimac, Urubamba and the majestic Salkantay, corresponds to an Inca city, a refuge for the sixteenth Inca resistance movement trying to regain control of the Tahuantinsuyo of the Spanish conquistadors. Vestiges show that the city was suddenly abandoned. You can see temples of the sun, earth, royal residences, dormitories for mitimaes and residences for farmers. The trek to Choquequirao is a unique and impressive walk among an area of glaciers and green mountains with bears, condors, and we’ll do it more quickly.
- 01 Day.- Cusco – Cachora – Chiquiska
- 02 Days.- Chiquiska – Choquequirao
- 03 Days .- Choquequirao – Marampata – Chiquiska
- 04 Days .- Chiquiska – Cachora – Cusco.
Choquequirao Cusco 4 Days 3 Nights
01 Day.- Cusco – Cachora – Chiquiska.
Early morning we take a scenic drive of about 4 hours to the village of Cachora where we meet our crew. We will start our hike of about 2 hours towards the Abra de Kapuliyoq (2800 m) where we have the first amazing view of the deep valley of the Apurimac river and snowcapped peaks around. A decrease of about 3 hrs leads us to our first camp in Chiquiska (1800 m).
02 Days.- Chisquiska – Choquequirao.
After breakfast we start our descent, appreciating magnificent landscapes of the Apurimac Canyon until 1495 m where we spent the Apurimac River suspension bridge. From there we take a long, hard climb about 4 hours to our lunch spot in Marampata then continue on a beautiful journey to the archaeological site of Choquequirao. We arrived just in time to enjoy the incredible sunset over the snowy peaks before a delicious dinner and a deserved rest in our camp (3000 m).
03 Days .- Choquequirao – Marampata – Chisquiska.
Today we visit the restored part and explore the newly discovered sites being excavated and restored by COPESCO. After lunch we have an optional visit to Fallingwater House (about 300 m below Choquequirao). From the highest point: USNO appreciate the beautiful panoramic view of Choquequirao for afternoon start the return reaching Marampata to continue the walk after a good rest begin the descent about 3 hours after passing through Santa Rosa will come again to the Apurimac river, we can see the beauty of the landscape seen in this valley that separates Apurimac Cusco after lunch arrive at our last camp in Chiquiska.
04 Days .- Chisquiska – Cachora – Cusco.
After a hearty breakfast start the trek to ascend to the passage of Capuliyoc the highest point of this section, after a walk of about 2 hours we arrive at Cachora where it will be waiting for us the bus that will bring us back to Cusco approximately 19:00 Hrs.
What is included:
- information at your hotel (6 p.m.) the night before departure.
- Pick up from your hotel and private van transportation to the starting point.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Professional trekking chef.
- Porters, horsemen.
- Horses to carry the camping equipment, food, and your personal belongings (up to 8 kg).
- Meals,breakfast, snacks, happy hours, dinner.
- Camping equipment, sleeping tents, foam mats, dining tents, kitchen tents, chairs, dishes and more.
- Entrance fee to Choquequiirao.
- First-aid kit.
- Drinking boiled water three times a day.
- Emergency horse to ride in case you feel tired.
what is not included:
- Sleeping bags (available at cordillera viajes).
- Inflatable air mattress for extra comfort – 3 in /8 cm thick (available at cordillera viajes).
- Walking sticks (available at cordillera viajes).