Inca Trail – Short
Do you want to do the Inca Trail in less time? Cordillera viajes offers this short trail in only 2 days and 1 night. From Cuzco to km. 104, this is the place where you will start the hike direct to Machu Picchu; this tour is for everyone who does not have much time. this is also operated privately .
Inca Trail is listed among the top 5 treks in the world.
The trek is ideal for everyone offers beautiful landscapes .
See natural bridges, cascades, wildlife and cloud forests.
- Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – km 104 – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu.
- Day 2: tour to– Machu Picchu!
Inca Trail -Short 2 Days 01 Night
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – km 104 – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu.
- Walking Distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
- Starting Elevation – 2,100 meters ASL / 6889 feet ASL
- Aguas Calientes Elevation – 2,000 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Hostel
- Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
We will start first by picking you up from your hotel at 03:00 – 03:30 am, from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station. From where, we will aboard the train to Km 104 where the Inca Trail starts! Our adventure begins with an uphill hike for about 4 hours until we arrive to Wiña Wayna archaeological site .you will have a time to have lunch, there in the middle of the mountains after lunch you will have time to rest.
Next, we will continue our hike, towards a site called Inti Punku (the Sun Gate). From this place, we will be able to the great beauty of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu! there, later in the afternoon you descend to aguas calientes to spend the night .
Hotel : la cabaña , jaya.tierra viva,or similar
Day 2: Tour to – Machu Picchu!
Highlights: very early in the morning we will start the hike up to machupicchu site . You will have plenty of time to explore this truly magnificent World Wonder while you enjoy the beautiful sunrise from this once-in-a-lifetime viewpoint.
you have many choices , you can opt to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain (you will need to book in advance to avoid anything at last minute) or walk to the Inca Bridge (without extra tickets),sun gate.
Machupicchu is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site – Machu Picchu!you will need to wake up very early . Machu Picchu entrance check point is open from 06:00 hrs until 17:00 hrs. We will hike up to Machupicchu (a bus ride is optional for $24.00) and enter the hidden Royal Citadel of the Incas. Here we will have a 2-hour guided tour through this incredible ancient city to visit temples, terraces, palaces, priest’s houses, the sundial, the industrial sector, and the farming fields.
After this tour, you are free to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (book in advance to get tickets for these!). Each mountain takes approximately 3 hours to hike up and down. Another lower-impact option for which you do not need an extra ticket is to trek to the Sun Gate, the main entrance from the Inca Trail (this takes about 2 or 2.5 hours round-trip). Another option is walking to see the Incan Bridge.
You will be able to stay and enjoy this magical city for more than 7 hours before hiking back down to Aguas Calientes for the train journey back to cuzco at 16:22 hrs (subject to availability) .
What is included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide in our office for an orientation to the trek. The meeting will be at 18:00 in the evening .
- Transport: pick up from your hotel in the morning and transportation in a private vehicle to Ollantaytambo (Where you will take the train to Km 104)
- The train ticket: From Ollantaytambo to Km 104
- English speaking tour Guide:
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Accommodation: 1 night in a hotel -la cabaña,casa andina or similar
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 dinner and snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Snacks on Day 1: Our snacks consist of local fruits, biscuits, chocolate, caramels, etc. We will give this snack to you at the beginning of each day
- Medical kit: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (subject to availability))
- Transport: Private transport in all ports
- 24-hour guest service:
What is Not included?
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like to.
- 2nd Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Day backpack
- Products of hygiene:
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel insurance
- Tips for our staff
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)