- Day 1: Cusco – Lares Hot Springs – Wacawasi (A, C)
- Day 2: Wacawasi – Ipsaycocha (D, A, C)
- Day 3: Epsaycocha – Patacancha – Wylloq – Pumamarka – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (D, A, C)
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
Lares Trek 4 Day – 03 Nights
Day 1: Cusco – Lares Hot Springs – Wacawasi (A, C)
We depart at 6:00am from Cusco by private bus, pick you up from your hotel. We travel through the Sacred Valley to the hot springs of Lares, where we’ll enjoy a great lunch. Then we start out two hour hike to our campsite in Wacawasi where in the evening dinner is served.
Day 2: Wacawasi – Ipsaycocha (D, A, C)
After breakfast we go to the first activity of the day: observation of Alpaca fabric weaving. Then we start our climb to the pass of the Condor (approximately 4100m.a.s.l.). Here we will enjoy the incredible view of Mount “Veronica” at 5750 m and recharge to continue our hike to Lake Epsaycocha, where we have lunch. Then we will do the final hike to Patacancha where we set up our camp and have dinner.
Day 3: Epsaycocha – Patacancha – Wylloq – Pumamarka – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (D, A, C)
After breakfast, we start walking downhill to Pata court, where we will observe traditional textile and weaving practices. Then we continue to Wylloq for a brief rest & lunch. Afterwards we walk for two hours to Pumamarka and enjoy the Inca terraces. Then we depart to Ollantaytambo to board the Expedition Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes between 7pm and 8:45pm. When we arrive in Aguas Calientes, we bring you to your hotel and have dinner.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
Today we get up early for the bus to Machu Picchu after breakfast. We start with a 2.5 hour guided tour of the different sectors of the archaeological complex. If you want to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, there is an additional cost and you have to reserve at least 3 months in advance due to limited availability. After the tour you will have some free time to explore the sites or visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes. You must make your own arrangements to be back at the Aguas Calientes train station for the train back to Cusco.
We will board the 18:20 – 21:50 Expedition from Agua Calientes back to Ollantaytambo and it’s recommended to be at the station at least 30 minutes in advance. In Ollantaytambo our bus awaits us to return to the Plaza Regocjio (one block from the Plaza de Armas), Cusco.
What is included?
- Professional guide English / Spanish.
- Private transport from your hotel, Cusco – Lares.
- horses to carry all the luggage camping.
- Cook and assistant cook.
- All meals as indicated in the schedule (3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner and snacks daily).
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- 4 person tents for 2 people. Very comfortable and safe for your backpacks.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Buses up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
Does not include
- Sleeping bag(rental sleeping bag ).
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day.
- emergency Horses to carry your luggage or to ride.